We are super excited for you!! Here’s a few things we want you to take care of since it is your very first session with Cult.
- Eat one hour before class: Have a light, simple snack about an hour before your session. Grab a banana/bowl of oats/few almonds or nuts, it’ll charge you up and also help prevent dizziness in your initial sessions.
- Bring workout shoes: Shoes will protect you from common workout related injuries. Also, we encourage carrying your shoes and putting them on only at the center. No one likes a dirty workout floor.
- Arrive 10 minutes early: Drop in 10 minutes early so that you can get a hang of things at the center. Meet the center manager and get to know about the session and centre facilities. You will also have to register your biometrics so that you can mark attendance for future sessions.
- Register your biometrics for attendance: With no hassle of carrying & forgetting an ID card, the biometrics give you one touch access across any of our centres. Marking your attendance is mandatory.
- Keep your belongings safe: You can keep your belongings in the lockers provided. The center manager will give a tour of the center and help with the lockers
- Inform about injuries: Let the trainer know about any injuries you may have
- No equipment required: We’ll have all the equipment (including Yoga mats, weights, gloves) you may need at the center. All you need is comfortable clothes and workout shoes
- Define your own pace: Take it easy. All our workouts are designed in such a way that they can be scaled down for beginners and scaled up for advanced athletes. Complete the workouts at your own pace and whenever you feel uncomfortable, stop and let the trainer know
- Minimize muscle soreness: You might have soreness in your muscles for 2-3 days after your first class but don’t worry, it’s absolutely normal...and strangely, it’ll feel satisfyingly great!! A good warm up and the right cool down (stretch) will minimize soreness to a large extent. A cold water shower after exercise also helps
- Ideal recovery meal: Grab a meal which contains easily digestible proteins (like a bowl of pulses) within 30-45 mins of the workout. Avoid dairy or heavily processed protein powders. Drink 2.5-3 liters of water daily to replace the lost fluids.